We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example: –
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies.
- When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to questionnaires or download forms, or to register for newsletters or start or contribute to petitions. (this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide).
- When you conduct activities on our site (for example, when you purchase a product or service we record what you purchased etc.) we may collect your name and contact details, details of your subscription to our services, and other information gathered by PayPal and transferred to us, including your address.
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To supply to you services purchased via the website, and to process your payments.
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above.
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters and details of our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise the website according to your interests.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you marketing messages by sending us an email with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject box or by telephoning us. If we contact you by email each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
If you would like us to destroy information we hold about you, please let us know. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, clients and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
If you subscribe to our site for updates, your email address will be used solely for these purposes. We will not sell or disclose your information to any third party except in cases that may be required by law e.g for criminal investigations.
Your Personal Details
When you purchase items on our site we collect your personal details, including your address, name, telephone number and email address, solely for the purpose of confirming your order and shipping products to you. You are also given the option to create an account on our website which allows you to reorder products you previously purchased on the site. Your personal details are entered over an SSL encrypted connection and are stored securely on our servers. We may use your email address to send you informations about new products and services we offer. We will not sell or disclose your information to any unauthorised third party except in cases that may be required by law e.g for criminal investigations.
Your Financial Details
Cookies and Log Files
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them. A cookie is used to store small amounts of information. These cookies do not contain personal details such as names and addresses.
Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
Davis Finest, davisfinest.com and davisfinest.co.uk are the trading names of Davis Finest Company Limited registered in England and Wales under Company No. 08779090.
VAT No. GB 177 0334 11. Our registered office address is situate at The Annexe, 104 Monkswood Avenue, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1LJ.
The Davis Finest logo, brand name, tag line and associated images are the property of Davis Finest Company Ltd. They should not be used without obtaining permission from us.
Ownership of the site
The material on this site may only be reproduced or re-used for internal, non-commercial purposes, unless such material is only available to users who have purchased a service from us, in which case the material may only be used as provided for by the terms of business under which that service was purchased. This means you may download, view, copy and print pages from this website, but only for your own personal use subject to your agreement not to:
- Republish material from this website.
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from this website.
- Reproduce, or otherwise exploit material from this website for a commercial purpose.
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
- Not to modify material from this website such as by defacing or removing our copyright notice from print outs.
In particular, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this website will be free from viruses or malware and do not accept any responsibility for damage or loss caused by any such virus or malware. For your own protection you must use virus checking software when using this website, and we ask that you virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via this website.
You may create a link to our website subject to any such link not being misleading, such as implying that the material is yours. Your link text should make it clear you are linking to our material and where possible should include the name of our business. You must not frame the content of this website or in any way imply that we endorse your website. You agree to delete any links to our website that are within your control, should we request you to do so.
If you decide to access any third party websites linked to by this site, you do so entirely at your own risk. We provide these links merely as a convenience and their inclusion does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such websites.
Any dispute arising between you and us in relation to this website shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the purposes of any such dispute.
- We or you may terminate your registered account from our database at any time for any reason.
- You will not use your registered account to attempt to hack our website or the servers it is hosted on for any reason.
- We reserve the right to refuse you sale of our products upon our sole discretion without any given reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order you may place on the site. In the event that this occurs we will contact you via the contact details you provided and issue you a full refund.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact us
To find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations or read the Act online at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents.