Indigo powder for hair dye, like Henna, is 100% natural plant free from all chemicals, no p-paraphenylenediamine (PPD) to cause allergic reactions. It is pure and safe to use on all types of hair. In conjunction with Henna, you can achieve any colour ranging from shades of brown to black, depending on colour of hair to start with, proportion of henna to indigo and length of time allowed to stay on hair. Henna will soften and indigo will thicken leaving hair feeling volumised. Indigo, like Henna, is green in colour with a slightly strong (all natural plants have their own green fragrance) smell.
Always use Henna and Indigo together as a two way process if you have light, white or gray coloured hair and want to achieve any shades of brown to black, otherwise, Indigo applied to light coloured/gray hair will leave you with a blue- green colour tint. Already black hair can have Indigo applied directly without Henna as it will only enhance the colour making it darker and richer. Using Indigo Unlike Henna, there is no need for dye release and Indigo should be used as soon as it made up due to the fact that Indigo does not keep its dyeing powers.
Unlike Henna, Indigo cannot be frozen so any remainder should be thrown away but, better still, use it all up in your hair by applying thickly or just mix what is needed, you can always mix some more quickly if needs be. Indigo can be clumpy (a bit like sand and cement) on its own but when combined with other herbal powders in the Davis Finest hair range such as Amla, Brahmi, Bhringraj and Hibiscus, it becomes a lot more pliable making it easier to apply and wash out of hair. Always condition hair (natural conditioner) after using Indigo for a softer feel as it can leave hair feeling a bit dry and brittle.
- NO synthetic chemicals – p-paraphenylenediamine (PPD) ammonia or metals
- USE in conjunction with Henna to achieve any shade inbetween light brown to jet black
- COLOURS hair naturally and beautifully – will colour gray white or light hair a blue or blue-green shade (depending on hair colour) if used without Henna but enhances the natural colour of black hair
- WILL also thicken and volumise hair – a natural product containing no parabens or preservatives
- SUITABLE for all hair types including Asian European African Caribbean (including dreadlocks) – detailed instructions inside